Thank You Card Wording Examples
A Time-Saving Collection of Sample Thank You Notes
Thank you. Those two words are simple yet powerful. They are the tools that help us grow and sustain relationships. They are ways of expressing personal gratitude for kindness, favors, donations, and specific actions you find admirable. Although you may have already given a verbal thank you for the gift or gesture, it’s highly appropriate and just plain good manners to follow that up with a special handwritten thank you message on a card or beautiful stationery.
Whenever a thoughtful person has gone out of their way for you, that’s your cue to take a moment to express your sincere thanks. Although good thank you notes are easy to write, they mean a lot to the people who receive them. Do you remember the wonderful feeling you had the last time you received a thank you note? You may have even saved a memorable one. Right now, at this very moment, you are just a few lines away from writing a great thank you note and promptly reciprocating a kind gesture!
Preparing to Write a Thank You Note
- Choose lovely stationery or a beautiful card that is blank inside.
- Select a nice pen with an ink color that is appropriate for the occasion.
- Have an envelope ready with ample postage.
- Focus on what you are grateful for, and how the gift or act of kindness made you feel.
Writing a Great Thank You Note
Choose the thank you note category on this site that best matches the situation for which you are thankful. As you browse through the entries, allow yourself to bring to mind the feelings and emotions you experienced upon receiving the gift, donation, favor or kindness. Select the thank you note example that most resonates with you. Make small adjustments, as needed, to personalize your message.
NEW – Greeting Card Wording Site!
Professionally-written wording examples for Everyday Greeting Cards and Seasonal Greeting cards is now available! Visit our NEW GREETING CARD SITE: HERE!
Greeting card categories include: Birthday, Wedding, Baby Shower, Thinking of You, Sympathy, Get Well Soon, Congratulations, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, Father’s Day, Halloween, Graduation, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. New greeting card wording examples are posted weekly. Remember to bookmark Free-Wording-for-Cards.com
This site is frequently updated with new, fresh thank you card wording and ideas. Check back soon for more greeting card wording, thank you note examples and categories.
Free Thank You Note Samples
- Free eCards – Online ThanksWe’re all in hurry, and e-mail is by far the quickest way to send thank you notes to family and friends whom you see often.
- Top 10 Thank You Gift IdeasTop 10 ideas for popular thank you gifts most people would enjoy receiving.
- 4th of July BBQ Thank You Notes Writing samples for thank you cards for 4th of July BBQ Parties. Free wording to help you write thank you notes.
- Advice Thank You Note SamplesUse the samples and suggestions in this section to help you create a unique thank you note that fully expresses your appreciation.
- Baby Gift Thank You Note SamplesNow that the shower is over it’s time to choose some lovely stationery or blank thank you cards. We’ve provided several great baby shower gift thank you notes to help you get started.
- Bar Mitzvah & Bat Mitzvah Thank You Note SamplesIf you’re ready to write some great gift thank you notes, and are looking for a bit of inspiration, or just a sentence or two to get started, you’ve come to the perfect place.
- Bereavement Thank You Card Wording ExamplesA short note of thanks to your friends, family, and neighbors that supported you during this very difficult time of bereavement is appropriate to let them know you appreciated their thoughtfulness.
- Birthday Gift Thank You Card SamplesWording examples for birthday gift thank you cards.
- Boss Thank You Card ExamplesA thank you letter to your boss written on lovely stationery is something that will be much appreciated.
- Free Business Referral Thank You LettersThe majority of your referrals come from existing customers. Show them your appreciation with a thank you letter.
- Christmas Gift Thank You Card Sample WordingChristmas is the perfect time to thank friends and family members who went out of their way to shop and select a special gift for you or your family.
- Dinner Thank You Note Example WordingWhenever you are invited over for dinner it’s always nice to follow-up a few days later with a warm thank you note.
- Donation Thank You Note SamplesA letter of thanks is important to follow up with whenever a donation has been received of goods, services, money or time.
- Employee Farewell Thank You Letter SamplesTo help you make a graceful departure, we’ve included several great thank you letter samples from which to choose.
- Employee Job Well Done Thank You Note IdeasExtending congratulations and expressing thanks is important for generating good will.
- Father’s Day Thank You NotesLooking for the perfect words to say thank you to your father? We have several great samples from which to choose.
- Friendship Thank You Wording SamplesGreat thank you note wording samples for the perfect way to say thank you to a thoughtful friend.
- Get Well Thank You Note SamplesLovely thank you note ideas for all those people who were there to cheer you up and show their support.
- Sample Wording for Graduation Thank You NotesSeveral wonderful thank you note samples to get you started writing some great letters of appreciation.
- Wording for Hospitality Thank You NotesIt’s time to send a lovely thank you note written on beautiful stationery to your friends or family to let them know you enjoyed yourself.
- House Sitting Thank You Note WordingWhen people take time out of their busy schedules to do you a favor, it’s more than proper to send out a nice thank you card to show your gratitude.
- House Warming Gift Thank You NotesWrite perfect house warming gift thank you cards with our wording samples.
- Free Job Interview Thank You Letter Wording ExamplesWithin 24 hours of an interview, it’s important to send out a thank you letter. Follow up with a strong final impression.
- Free Money/Cash Gift Thank You Letter SamplesIt’s always important to send a thank you note to show your gratitude for a cash gift.
- Mother’s Day Thank You NotesWe’ve included several great thank you samples and ideas to get you started on writing that heart-felt card to your mother or mother-in-law.
- Pet Sitting Thank You Note SamplesNow that you’ve found a great pet sitter, it’s important to thank him/her for a job well done.
- Teacher Thank You Card SamplesJust the right wording to say thank you to your favorite teacher! And teachers – we’ve included some great thank you note ideas for thanking parents.
- Volunteer Thank YousThese wording samples let volunteers know just how much they are appreciated.